Author: Lothar Determann
In the United States, California leads the charge in developing privacy standards. That makes it imperative for anyone administering privacy policies to stay on top of the state’s ever-changing laws and guidelines. “California Privacy Law,” now in its newly updated fifth edition, provides businesses, attorneys, privacy officers and other professionals with the practical guidance and in-depth information to navigate the state’s strict policies.
- Rationale, scope, compliance duties, and sanctions for each California and U.S. federal privacy law.
- How the laws apply to companies in other states and countries.
- Interpretation based on case law regarding California and U.S. federal privacy law.
- Practical guidance and drafting tips based on specific legal requirements in California.
- Checklists and risk mitigation suggestions.
- How to start and maintain a compliance program.
New in the Fifth Edition:
- Practical roadmap for compliance with the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA and CPRA) and regulations effective January 1, 2023.
- Detailed interpretive guidance on new and existing federal and California laws, including California’s new Genetic Information Privacy Act and Age-Appropriate Design Code Act and myriad other statutes.
- Insights from major federal and California cases, regulatory actions and settlements as of November 2022.
All IAPP textbooks can be found in the IAPP Store.