IN-DEPTH TRAINING IN FRENCH, GERMAN, ENGLISH
Why You Should Take European Data Protection Training
The European Union’s GDPR and the data privacy laws of individual European nations are among the world’s strictest, carrying high fines for improperly handling personal information. IAPP European Data Protection Training, the training aligned with ANSI/ISO-accredited CIPP/E certification, is in-depth instruction on understanding and applying laws governing data collection, processing and management.
Who Should Train
European and international data protection professionals who manage or work within GDPR and European national compliance frameworks, and/or those pursuing CIPP/E certification. IAPP European Data Protection training helps satisfy GDPR requirements for DPOs (data protection officers) responsible for monitoring compliance, managing data protection activities, etc.
What You Will Learn
CIPP/E training builds a deep understanding of European laws, regulations and policy frameworks. The curriculum includes explanations of European regulatory structures; concepts of data protection; major laws including the GDPR and the ePrivacy Directive; and more.
- Gain a detailed understanding of the GDPR’s essential elements and how to integrate them into a compliance framework.
- Data processing principles, GDPR scope, consent, legitimate interests and special categories.
- Data subject rights, privacy notices and transparency.
- International data transfers.
- Processing employee data, surveillance, marketing and internet considerations.
- Security of processing: controls, mechanisms, data breach notifications.
- Accountability, including data protection by design and default, data protection impact assessments, and data protection officer roles and responsibilities.
Foundations of European Data Protection
- Learn the respective roles of the European Union, the Council of Europe, the Court of Justice of the EU and the European Court of Human Rights.
- Understand the interplay between the GDPR, the ePrivacy Directive, and related legislation such as the Charter of Fundamental Rights of the EU and the European Convention on Human Rights.
- Trace the evolution of data protection laws, including the Data Protection Directive and the GDPR.
- Recognize personal data, anonymous and pseudonymous data, and special categories of data.
- Know the responsibilities of different data protection roles, such as controllers and processors.
Legislation and Regulatory Bodies
- Learn the major regulatory bodies, including the European Data Protection Board and the Data Protection Supervisor, and their enforcement powers.
- Know the roles, powers and procedures of supervisory authorities.
- Gain a solid grasp of remedies, liabilities, penalties, and administrative fines.
Click below to see lists of available trainings in the modality that matches your schedule and learning style.