IN-DEPTH, GLOBALLY RECOGNIZED TRAINING
Why You Should Take U.S. Private-Sector Privacy Training
U.S. privacy is a complicated amalgam of federal, state and local privacy regulations. IAPP U.S. Private-Sector Privacy Training, the principal course for the ANAB-accredited CIPP/US certification program, gives privacy professionals the knowledge to manage compliance within this legal web and minimize the risks of regulatory fines and brand damage.
Who Should Train
Professionals who need in-depth knowledge of the U.S. privacy environment for compliance and other privacy management responsibilities. CIPP/US training will elevate your career prospects and help to prepare you for CIPP/US certification testing.
What You Will Learn
The CIPP/US curriculum provides an in-depth view of U.S. federal and state privacy statutes; detailed analysis of sectoral laws, civil and criminal enforcement; and an overview of the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation and the California Consumer Privacy Act.
The U.S. Privacy Environment
- Learn the U.S. privacy law structure.
- Understand how privacy and security laws are enforced.
- Get the U.S. view of information management.
- Comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act.
- Recognize how GDPR requirements affect U.S. privacy practice.
Data Use by Sector
- Learn data collection and use regulations specific to the medical, financial, education, telecommunications and marketing industries.
- Understand Federal Trade Commission cross-sector privacy protection.
Government and Court Access to Data
- Learn requirements for making personal data available to law enforcement and national security agencies.
- Know the privacy issues related to disclosure of personal data in civil litigation, e.g. e-discovery, cross-border data flow, etc.
- Understand workplace privacy concepts.
- Maintain privacy before, during and after employment.
State Privacy and Breach Notification Laws
- Comply with state data security and breach notification laws.
- Work within the boundaries of federal and state authorities.
- Manage financial data.
- Understand restrictions on marketing activities.
Click below to see lists of available trainings in the modality that matches your schedule and learning style.
Beware of Unauthorized Trainers
If you are considering training with a company that is not the IAPP or an IAPP Official Training Partner, be careful. Unauthorized trainers often guarantee – erroneously – you will pass the exam and may wrongfully claim to be authorized by the IAPP and/or use our logo and official seal illegally. To see if a trainer is authorized, view our list of IAPP Official Training Partners worldwide. If the training company is not on our list, you risk being duped out of your time and money and being less prepared for your exam.