AVAILABLE NOW: Take Your Certification Exam from Home. Learn More About Online Proctoring.
Fellow of Information Privacy (FIP)
RECOGNITION FOR LEADERS IN THE PRIVACY FIELD
The Fellow of Information Privacy (FIP) designation signifies that you’ve taken the next step in the privacy profession. You’ve demonstrated your comprehensive knowledge of privacy laws, privacy program management and essential data protection practices through your successful completion of two IAPP credentials.
Additionally, you’ve gained considerable on-the-job experience as you’ve helped your organization navigate through and remain current with the complexities of our dynamic industry.
The FIP credential is sure to elevate your profile as a privacy professional, opening doors to new opportunities such as advisory board consideration, public speaking requests and more.
Here’s some more good news. Whether or not you plan to apply to become a FIP, we’re offering individuals with at least one IAPP certification a discount that will reduce the price of any future exam by $175—from $550 to $375. Perhaps even better, once you have two credentials, there are no additional fees required to be recognized as a Fellow of Information Privacy.
Check out our esteemed class of FIP recipients, and get to know this elite group of privacy pros you could be joining.
- Earn a CIPP designation.
- Earn either a CIPM or CIPT designation.
- Document three years of work experience during which data privacy represents at least 50% of your job responsibilities. An information security certification from ISC2, ISACA, IEEE and other information security associations will satisfy one-year of the experience requirement.
- Provide three referral names from peers familiar with your work. Please note: your referrals will be contacted by the IAPP.
- Complete the FIP application form, including a personal statement of how your experience and expertise qualifies you to be a FIP.
- After your application has been completed, and all letters of recommendation have been submitted, please allow 4 weeks for the Certification Team to review and process your application.
- In addition to receiving a digital FIP designation badge that can be highlighted and shared on LinkedIn and other social media sites, successful candidates will also be profiled in our public IAPP FIP online directory.
- Each new class of fellows will be announced biannually in conjunction with an IAPP conference.
Maintaining your FIP
The FIP does not require recertification. Just keep your CIPP and CIPM/CIPT credentials in good standing (through CPEs and membership/CMF fees) and your FIP will remain active.