Call for Speakers Now Open
The IAPP Asia Privacy Forum was a sold-out success last year. We gathered at the spectacular Marina Bay Sands hotel to listen to regulators and leading APAC experts from around the world who presented their views on critical current issues like data protection regulations and cross-border data transfer issues.
The world is in flux today and the coming year presents a whole host of challenges in protecting citizens’ rights while complying with increasingly complex regulations. We return to Singapore on 24-25 July to face down these issues—and more—and we’re counting on you to help us shape the programme. What’s on your desk today? What are your concerns for tomorrow?
This year, the Forum topics are coming from you!
Submit your proposal on a topic you view as critical or emerging, and the themes of the Forum will develop from the best submissions we receive. You’ll help drive the programming of the event if your proposal is accepted.
Be a part of the IAPP Asia Privacy Forum 2017
- Do I have knowledge to share?
- Can I lead an engaging session for my peers?
- Do I want to get more involved in the privacy and cloud security communities?
If the answer to any of these questions is ‘yes’, then we want you to submit a speaking proposal.
Please note that in order for approved sessions to be listed on the website when registration opens in April, you must submit by 28 February; later submissions will be added once approved.
Speaking Has Its Benefits, and Here Are Just a Few:
- Enjoy exposure at one of the world’s top Asia privacy events
- Lead the conversation around today’s hottest issues
- Get a complimentary pass to attend the conference
- Attend an exceptional networking opportunity at Singapore’s Flight Bar and Lounge
Tips for Getting Accepted
We’re seeking engaging, dynamic speakers to share their unique perspectives in creative and original ways. Here are a few tips that might help give you an edge when submitting a speaking proposal.
- Submit proposals through the proposal form only
- Fulfill every field on the submission form—read the directions
- Do not provide information that is not asked of you on the submission form
- Have your panel fully confirmed prior to submitting—at most, only have one tentative speaker
- Avoid using more than one speaker from the same company
- Include a CPO, regulator or someone with an operational voice
- Focus on topics that solve problems that working internal privacy professionals face on a daily basis
- Focus on topics with practical takeaways promoting audience interaction
- In order for your session to be listed on the website when registration opens, please submit by 28 February; later submissions will be added once approved
- Sales pitches will not be considered
Once again, we are returning to the spectacular Marina Bay Sands!
The Summit spotlights the issues that affect your job, bringing together the sharpest minds, unparalleled programs and preeminent networking opportunities. Join the thousands of privacy pros who will take advantage of topnotch training and first-class education at the world’s premier privacy conference.
Join a distinguished group of your peers and colleagues as we hear from some of the legal profession’s foremost experts—at the Privacy Bar Section Forum 2017. Register today!