TRAIN FOR ANSI/ISO-ACCREDITED CERTIFICATION
Why You Should Take Privacy Program Management Training
Business functions such as marketing, finance, human resources and customer service have privacy responsibilities that can expose their organizations to financial loss and damage to reputation. IAPP Privacy Program Management Training, the training aligned with ANSI/ISO-accredited CIPM certification, gives professionals the skills to operationalize privacy and minimize risks to reputation from improper handling of personal data.
Who Should Train
Professionals responsible for integrating privacy requirements into day-to-day operations and those who are pursuing CIPM certification.
What You Will Learn
CIPM training teaches a process for conceptualizing, designing, building and operating a data privacy management program. The curriculum, available in French, German and English, includes creating a company vision, structuring data protection teams, developing and implementing system frameworks, and measuring performance.
Privacy Program Strategy Development
- Identify privacy program manager responsibilities.
- Manage risk throughout the data lifecycle.
- Create a program framework.
- Evaluate privacy technology vendors.
- Understand governance, risk management, auditing and compliance.
Law and Strategy Alignment
- Comprehend key global privacy data protection laws, regulations and standards.
- Comply with cross-border data transfer regulations.
- Respond to data subject requests.
Creating and Using Tools
- Map and inventory data.
- Use Privacy Impact Assessments and Data Protection Impact Assessments.
- Accommodate privacy-related HR concerns.
- Develop policies for privacy, information security, acceptable use, data retention and destruction.
Privacy by Design and Privacy Cultures
- Understand the benefits inherent in proper privacy training.
- Establish privacy training and awareness programs.
- Implement and evaluate security, access and technical privacy controls.
- Adopt privacy by design practices.
- Distinguish security incidents from breaches.
- Detect, investigate, report on and recover from data privacy breaches.
Program Monitoring, Measurement and Analysis
- Know your audience.
- Analyze four types of metrics.
- Audit a privacy program in five phases.
Click below to see lists of available trainings in the modality that matches your schedule and learning style.