Learn the Legal and Practice Frameworks
GLOBALLY RECOGNIZED PRIVACY TRAINING
Why You Should Take Canadian Privacy Training
Canada’s distinctive federal/provincial/territorial data privacy governance systems closely regulate the collection and use of personal information. Canadian Privacy Training, the principal course for CIPP/C certification, enables privacy professionals to understand the interplay between different tiers of laws and regulations and help their organizations avoid regulatory penalties and damage to their reputations.
Who Should Train
Privacy professionals who manage or work within Canadian compliance frameworks; oversee data collection, processing and storage operations; and are working toward CIPP/C certification.
What You Will Learn
Canadian Privacy Training, the training aligned with CIPP/C certification, teaches the legal foundations of Canadian privacy, public- and private- sector practices, relevant international privacy laws such as the GDPR, and security practices that relate to privacy.
Canadian Privacy Overview
- Learn privacy definitions, history, data subject rights, personal information, and what constitutes employee, work-product, publicly available and private information.
- Understand data breach reporting processes.
- Know recent legal developments and the relationship between the Office of the Privacy Commissioner and the Federal courts.
- Get privacy commissioner guidance on privacy rights and obligations, plus communication tools, authentication guidelines and the AICPA/CICA model codes.
Privacy Laws and Practices
- Develop a working knowledge of private-sector privacy statutes, including PIPEDA, the PIPAs, the Quebec Act and CASL.
- Recognize privacy concepts and practices, including fair information principles.
- Understand public-sector practices and laws, such as The Privacy Act, the privacy commissioner’s role, and key policies and guidelines.
International Privacy Laws
- Understand the mechanics of international data transfers.
- Learn the GDPR and the EU’s approach to spam, cookies, and behavioral advertising.
- Recognize unfair and deceptive trade practices.
- Summarize U.S. sector-based privacy laws (HIPAA, COPPA, etc.).
- Learn Asia-Pacific structures such as APEC and China’s Cybersecurity Law.
Data Security and Privacy
- Measure and assess information security.
- Apply privacy-related safeguards.
- Understand the privacy issues in cloud computing, vendor and partner relations, Big Data and artificial intelligence.
Click below to see lists of available trainings in the modality that matches your schedule and learning style.