Log in now for access to this member-only content.
Geolocation is used for purposes ranging from emergency services to targeted advertising to fraud prevention. For consumers, the use of geolocation has obvious benefits — though concerns over how this data is collected, accessed and used, and by whom, has been a consistent topic of debate. Regulators from across the globe have weighed in with guidance and legislation, industry groups have issued codes of conduct and even the U.S. Supreme Court has offered an opinion. This topic page offers a quick way to get up-to-speed on geolocation and the issues surrounding it.
IAPP members get access to tons of great benefits:
- News. You’re busy. We make it easy to stay on top of the headlines.
- Networking. It’s all about who you know. Targeted online and in-person channels give you access to the people you want to meet.
- Resources. Our Resource Center is a one-stop-shop for practical tools and information to help you tackle your biggest challenges.
- Discounts. Get member-only rates on education products and programs, including study materials for our globally recognized certification programs and annual events.
- Freebies. You’ll get access to free web conferences, networking chapter meetings, research and so much more.