EU General Data Protection Regulation
Log in now for access to this member-only content.
In December 2016, the EU Parliament and Council agreed upon the EU General Data Protection Regulation, first proposed in 2012, and as of May 25, 2018, it is in effect.
The GDPR offers a framework for data protection with increased obligations for organizations, and its reach is far and wide. It is applicable to any organization — no matter where it resides — that intentionally offers goods or services to the European Union, or that monitors the behavior of individuals within the EU.
On this topic page, IAPP members will find relevant documents and expert analysis to help organizations determine if and how the GDPR will affect them.
IAPP members get access to tons of great benefits:
- News. You’re busy. We make it easy to stay on top of the headlines.
- Networking. It’s all about who you know. Targeted online and in-person channels give you access to the people you want to meet.
- Resources. Our Resource Center is a one-stop-shop for practical tools and information to help you tackle your biggest challenges.
- Discounts. Get member-only rates on education products and programs, including study materials for our globally recognized certification programs and annual events.
- Freebies. You’ll get access to free web conferences, networking chapter meetings, research and so much more.