Privacy In Education
Log in now for access to this member-only content.
In the U.S., student privacy has been getting a lot of attention from the media and legislators. Privacy issues surrounding the collection and use of student data—both within higher ed and K-12 institutions—have grown with the advent of big data, education technology and efforts towards creating state and national databases of educational information.
On this topic page, the IAPP has pulled together some tools and resources to help organizations make sense of the regulations and keep track of the issues at the forefront of student privacy. The IAPP Resource Center also includes a “Children’s Privacy” topic page, which can be accessed here.
IAPP members get access to tons of great benefits:
- News. You’re busy. We make it easy to stay on top of the headlines.
- Networking. It’s all about who you know. Targeted online and in-person channels give you access to the people you want to meet.
- Resources. Our Resource Center is a one-stop-shop for practical tools and information to help you tackle your biggest challenges.
- Discounts. Get member-only rates on education products and programs, including study materials for our globally recognized certification programs and annual events.
- Freebies. You’ll get access to free web conferences, networking chapter meetings, research and so much more.