Log in now for access to this member-only content.
On Sunday, Nov. 25, EU leaders backed U.K. Prime Minister Theresa May’s Brexit plan. The 500-page draft withdrawal agreement included commitments on citizens’ rights, a proposed 21-month transition period after March 29, 2019, and details on a 39 billion GBP “divorce bill.” The UK Members of the Parliament rejected the withdrawal agreement, and the deal for the UK to leave the EU has been extended to October 31, 2019.
The 2016 vote on this matter immediately brought turmoil to the global economy, and now two years on, there’s not much more clarity on what the arrangement will look like. With the October 31, 2019, deadline to reach a deal, concerns are rising over the potential for a no-deal Brexit.
Brexit may have significant impact on data flows between the U.K and EU. The IAPP has been on the beat, working to answer privacy and data protection professionals’ pressing questions.
IAPP members get access to tons of great benefits:
- News. You’re busy. We make it easy to stay on top of the headlines.
- Networking. It’s all about who you know. Targeted online and in-person channels give you access to the people you want to meet.
- Resources. Our Resource Center is a one-stop-shop for practical tools and information to help you tackle your biggest challenges.
- Discounts. Get member-only rates on education products and programs, including study materials for our globally recognized certification programs and annual events.
- Freebies. You’ll get access to free web conferences, networking chapter meetings, research and so much more.