Author: Kalinda Raina, Executive Editor
Children’s Privacy and Safety intends to help the practitioner and advocate on their journey to protect children’s data privacy and safety. The privacy laws and safety protections impacting children vary from country to country and across industries and data types, making it hard to apply a singular global approach.
This comprehensive treatise is intended to provide reliable and substantive background on children’s privacy, data protection, and safety issues. Key topics covered include:
- Children’s data protection under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the ePrivacy Directive, and the UK’s Age Appropriate Design Code.
- Laws governing children’s privacy throughout Asia.
- Educational privacy rights for children and scenarios in which the U.S. Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) comes into play.
- Privacy laws that should be considered when working in the gaming space.
- Development of the child safety field and the key policies and regulatory bodies professionals should be aware of when dealing with children in an online environment.
All IAPP textbooks can be found in the IAPP Store.