Crafting a Privacy Notice
Log in now for access to this member-only content.
Increasingly privacy is becoming a differentiator for consumers, and company privacy notices are a way to show potential customers how you handle consumer data. Above and beyond competitive advantage, privacy notices offer consumers and regulators an example of your corporate citizenship–never mind that there are laws in many regions that require notices and they can offer an organization legal protection from claims that a business did not provide notice of its consumer data usage. Writing a privacy notice can be daunting, but this topic page can take some of the guess work out of it.
IAPP members get access to tons of great benefits:
- News. You’re busy. We make it easy to stay on top of the headlines.
- Networking. It’s all about who you know. Targeted online and in-person channels give you access to the people you want to meet.
- Resources. Our Resource Center is a one-stop-shop for practical tools and information to help you tackle your biggest challenges.
- Discounts. Get member-only rates on education products and programs, including study materials for our globally recognized certification programs and annual events.
- Freebies. You’ll get access to free web conferences, networking chapter meetings, research and so much more.