This resource is part of a series of country-specific privacy and consumer trust infographics. The full series can be accessed here.
Published: April 2023
This infographic provides a snapshot of the most meaningful data points around consumer privacy perceptions and trust in Australia. Namely, it breaks down key statistics on:
- How concerned Australian consumers are with their online privacy.
- How well they understand data collection and use.
- What kinds of actions are motivated by privacy concerns.
- Which company actions are most likely to enhance, or reduce, consumer trust in data collection/processing.
- What percentage of Australian consumers have been subject to a breach of their personal data.
- Why they remain loyal to a company following a data breach.
For the full picture, see the IAPP Privacy and Consumer Trust Report, the IAPP's first study of how consumers’ privacy perceptions affect their trust in companies that collect and process their personal data. Principal Researcher, Privacy Law and Policy, Müge Fazlioglu also wrote an op-ed to accompany the report.
For all things privacy and consumer trust, view the Consumer Perspectives topic page in the IAPP Resource Center. It is regularly updated with the latest news and resources.
Additionally, the IAPP hosts an Australia and New Zealand topic page.
Countries At-a-Glance: Privacy and Consumer Trust
This infographic series provides insight into the privacy perceptions and behaviors of people in the 19 countries surveyed in the IAPP Privacy and Consumer Trust Report.