Employee Awareness and Education
Log in now for access to this member-only content.
Privacy professionals burn the midnight oil crafting policies in line with best practices, laws and regulations that they believe will keep the company safer from breaches or malicious attacks. But such policies don’t stand a chance at protecting consumer data—and, subsequently, a company’s pockets and reputation—if the employees charged with practicing model data-steward behavior could care less about doing so.*
Indications are that if employees understand company policies and are trained in a way that fits their role at the organization, you will see more compliance. Here are some tools, research and insight on how to convey the importance of privacy throughout an organization.
IAPP members get access to tons of great benefits:
- News. You’re busy. We make it easy to stay on top of the headlines.
- Networking. It’s all about who you know. Targeted online and in-person channels give you access to the people you want to meet.
- Resources. Our Resource Center is a one-stop-shop for practical tools and information to help you tackle your biggest challenges.
- Discounts. Get member-only rates on education products and programs, including study materials for our globally recognized certification programs and annual events.
- Freebies. You’ll get access to free web conferences, networking chapter meetings, research and so much more.