- IAPP Staff Writer Alex LaCasse reported the U.S. Senate confirmed Georgetown University law professor Alvaro Bedoya as the fifth and final commissioner on the Federal Trade Commission.
- Connecticut became the fifth state to enact a comprehensive privacy law. IAPP Westin Fellow Taylor Kay Lively, CIPP/US, broke down the law for The Privacy Advisor.
- The Daily Dashboard reported U.S. Rep. Suzan DelBene, D-Wash., issued a statement explaining how overturning Roe v. Wade further amplifies the need to "swiftly pass a strong" federal privacy law.
- The Daily Dashboard reported the U.S. is pushing forward with various countries on the proposal for Global Cross-Border Privacy Rules despite potential friction with the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
- The Daily Dashboard reported the U.K. government confirmed the new data protection reform bill during the Queen's Speech May 10.
If you want to comment on this post, you need to login.