Privacy Engineering pros gather here
This is where privacy professionals working in the IT and privacy engineering fields come together and connect. The Privacy Engineering Section offers a range of programs, events, content and networking opportunities through which privacy pros working in IT and related fields can connect and advance.
For members, the Privacy Engineering Section is the hub of activities, including programming, publications and networking opportunities. IAPP section members get access to tons of great benefits. Benefits that include networking opportunities and specialized content, plus access to ongoing web conferences, exciting special events and a lot more.
Upcoming Section Events
Privacy. Security. Risk. Conference Networking
• Privacy Engineering Section Meet-Up: Meet members of the Privacy Engineering Section for this casual networking event on Thursday, October 21 from 10:15 – 10:45 a.m. in the Marriott Grand Ballroom outdoor terrace on the lobby level.
• Sections Happy Hour: Join others involved or interested in the Privacy Bar, Privacy Engineering, Women Leading Privacy and Diversity in Privacy Sections for this casual after hours networking event sponsored by Terra True. This event will take place on Thursday, October 21, from 6:45 – 8 p.m. on the Coronado Terrace, Level 4. RSVP today!
Visit the PSR schedule for a complete listing of networking opportunities.
Join an upcoming Privacy Engineering Section Virtual Roundtable! Connect with fellow privacy professionals for a casual conversation around the hottest topics and issues facing privacy engineers.
Connect with local privacy pro’s in your area! Find an upcoming meeting that contains Privacy Engineering Section content here.
Looking for specialized web conferences with privacy engineers in mind? Search no further – we’ve got you covered!
• AI, A Privacy Odyssey: Conducting Privacy Assessments on AI Projects
• NIST’s New Privacy Framework: Everything You Need to Know
• Privacy Engineering Live — Is Encrypted Data Personal Under the GDPR?
• Privacy Engineering Live — PBD in Practice
Check out the IAPP Store for a full listing of web conferences.
Meet the Advisory Board
Privacy pros at the helm
Guiding the Privacy Engineering Section, the Advisory Board—chosen from your nominations—represents a diverse group of leaders with a broad range of privacy law expertise. Meet each of them now.
Interested in applying to be a board member? The Call for Volunteers opens every fall.
Collaborate with members
Use the Privacy Engineering Section search filter in the Member Directory to connect with fellow section members. Not opted in? No problem! Visit your Member Directory Preferences in your MyIAPP portal to make any edits.
News and Resources
Want to become more active in your section? Check out the section specific volunteer opportunities below:
→ KnowledgeNet Speaker, offer to speak at your local chapter meeting here.
→ Roundtable Discussion Leader, Apply here.
→ Meet-Up or Happy Hour Host, Email us at Volunteer@iapp.org
→ Conference Speaker, the Call for Proposals is open all year long and we accept sessions on a rolling basis.
→ Submit a Case Study, If you’re selected, we will offer you an opportunity to present your case study in one of our publications, our live conferences, or virtually on one of web conferences. Submit here.
To find out more information on these volunteer opportunities and how to apply, visit the Volunteer page.
Strategic Privacy by design
“Strategic Privacy by Design” is a new handy guide to implementing privacy by design, written from a practitioner’s perspective. Authored by R. Jason Cronk, CIPP/US, CIPM, CIPT, FIP, this is the first IAPP book to get into the details of how privacy by design works, with dozens of sample scenarios, workflows, charts, and tables.