Log in now for access to this member-only content.
Encryption shows up in self-regulatory guidelines, best practices and pieces of legislation all over the world. It’s thought to be one of the best ways to protect data—particularly from cyber-attacks; however, it draws a fair amount of ire from some government agencies and law enforcement regimes, as it can hamper investigations into criminal and terrorist activities. If you’re not a techie, it can also be somewhat intimidating to implement. The IAPP Westin Research Center boils it down for you on this topic page.
IAPP members get access to tons of great benefits:
- News. You’re busy. We make it easy to stay on top of the headlines.
- Networking. It’s all about who you know. Targeted online and in-person channels give you access to the people you want to meet.
- Resources. Our Resource Center is a one-stop-shop for practical tools and information to help you tackle your biggest challenges.
- Discounts. Get member-only rates on education products and programs, including study materials for our globally recognized certification programs and annual events.
- Freebies. You’ll get access to free web conferences, networking chapter meetings, research and so much more.