This junior attorney role will involve advising the technology and product teams on state and federal privacy, consumer protection and data security laws and compliance matters primarily in the insurance and financial services industry. This person will help carry out communications and security processes and policies and may be responsible for identification of cybersecurity incidents and breach notifications. This person may also be responsible for reviewing agreements with third-party vendors to ensure appropriate contractual protections for privacy, cybersecurity and data ownership. The Technology Attorney will interact with Field Technology, Information Technology, Marketing, and other departments regarding the legal requirements of new technology and innovation. The candidate must be capable of ensuring compliance with applicable federal and state regulations and with existing corporate policies.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Juris Doctor Degree
- Member of any state bar association is required (or obtained immediately after hire for graduating law students)
- Technology experience and knowledge is required
- Series 6 and 26 securities licenses preferred (or obtained after hire)
- Ability to ensure compliance with applicable federal and state regulations with existing corporate policies
- 1-3 years' experience (law firm and/or in-house) in the legal field of technology, privacy and cybersecurity
- Experience in e-commerce, electronic payments, consumer protection and other regulatory compliance is highly preferred
- Strong undergraduate academic credentials and top-tier law school is highly valued
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to concisely and effectively communicate complex matters oral and written form is required
- Strong work ethic and excellent leadership skills
Application Submission Information:
To apply, visit http://chk.tbe.taleo.net/chk05/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=PRIMERICA&cws=1&rid=5070.