Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Lead the Privacy Operations team. This position manages the implementation of policies and programs for one or more critical areas of risk or exposure as well as the more operational aspects of program implementation. Manage the organizations response to data security incidences or privacy breaches and in the subsequent investigation of the causes, and evaluation of impact along with the remediation of such organizational challenges. Lead the review of third party exchanges for privacy risks. Liaison closely with Privacy Counsel and Information Security. Lead or assist in researching and implementing enterprise-wide policies and programs relative to privacy and data protection issues. These programs cover customer, client and employee privacy and data protection, as appropriate. This position may manage the implementation of privacy and data protection audits, on an ongoing basis, to measure both compliance with policies and any risk exposures and vulnerabilities. This position may manage aspects of the enterprise-wide communication of the importance of applying best practices in relation to privacy and data protection issues. This position also works closely with peer level managers in the Information Technology function on the more technical and operational aspects of privacy and data protection program implementation and management.
This position requires a degree and 8 to 10 years of managerial experience implementing important enterprise-wise initiatives such as privacy and data protection programs. This position requires a working knowledge of contemporary privacy and data protection concepts and practices as well as the regulatory, legislative and technological environments impacting these issues. Experience leading and developing staff. The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Education: College degree or equivalent work experience. 3-5 years’ work experience in privacy or risk management, project management, or related field.
Certifications: CIPP Certifications are preferred.
- Ability to Takes on projects/work assignments without direct supervision
- Is analytical and detail oriented; able to identify, prioritize and solve problems effectively
- Functions autonomously and deliver corporate results while keeping management of work progress and escalate issues as appropriate
- Able to interact with all levels of personnel
- Strong interpersonal skills, intermediate to advanced written and oral communication
- Advanced project management skills
- Adapts well to change; able to multi-task and make effective decisions in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills
- Knowledge of legal holds process
- Insurance, financial, legal, or compliance industry experience preferred
- Exercises discretion and maintains confidentiality of sensitive information
Application Submission Information