As part of the HP Inc. Privacy Office which sits within HP’s Global Legal Affairs team, this position will be primarily responsible for guiding and assuring the implementation of Privacy by Design and privacy risk assessments in HP’s printing, computing and personalization business unit software and data analytics processes. We are looking for strong subject matter expertise and experience in applying privacy principles and legal compliance in technology, data and AI processes.
Applies advanced subject matter knowledge in Privacy / Data Protection to solve complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients/industry bodies. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. May provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees.
- Manages interactions with HP business and Global Function teams to ensure compliance to Privacy by Design and Data Protection principles for HP products, services and processes.
- Co-ordinates the fulfilment of Privacy / Data Protection Impact Assessments
- Supports the Privacy Office in advancing greater privacy accountability across the company through effective tools, training and guidance.
- Supports integration of privacy into product and service life-cycles
- Acts as key interface to data science and analytics communities
Education And Experience Required
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business Management, Engineering, Computer Sciences, Law or equivalent
- Privacy certification such as CIPT, CIPP-E, CIPP-US preferred.
- 6-10 years experience in applied privacy / data protection
Knowledge And Skills
- Cross-functional program management skills, ideally for compliance implementation
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation), particularly the ability to communicate with diplomacy, credibility and confidence
- Proven strength in ability to prepare detailed compliance documentation
- Ability to exercise good judgement and balance risks in ambiguous and complex situations
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration skills, in particular in leading or contributing to global and multi-functional teams
- Highly motivated to contribute and grow within a complex area of emerging importance
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to influence without authority
Application Submission Information: