What You Will Do
- Measure and track the impact of our legal privacy and data security risks and controls, success of remediations in addressing those risks, and consistent process improvements; engage with stakeholders to make sure improvements are executed.
- Establish and maintain program metrics and KPIs to evaluate and report on program health and performance.
- Implement new policies, notices, playbooks and trainings.
- Assist with running the Privacy Impact Assessment process and performance tracking.
- Assist with tools evaluation and implementation.
- Develop group system for budget management and tracking.
- Serve as department webmaster and communications manager.
- Engage program stakeholders in Security, Product, Engineering, IT, Safety, Procurement and Public Policy for feedback and to identify opportunities for changes and improvements.
- Act as liaison for, and closely collaborate with, Information Security/Privacy Engineering program management.
- Contribute to our ongoing mission to drive Uber’s efforts to be a trusted steward of our users’ personal data in every market where Uber operates.
What You Will Need
- Minimum of 5+ years of legal compliance project management/operations/controls experience (JD not required); 3+ years in the privacy and data security field preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage a diverse and complex workload while maintaining priorities and proactively anticipating issues.
- Proactive approach to identifying opportunities, inefficiencies and issues across department operations, and proven ability to recommend and implement the approach to resolve them.
- Consistent good judgment and ability to apply knowledge to help create practical solutions to operational and process issues and opportunities.
- Flexibility, a positive attitude, a sense of humor and ability to constructively manage change.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- In-house experience preferred, particularly in connection with technology platforms.
- CIPP certification preferred.
Application Submission Information: