Medline is a leading global healthcare company that provides quality medical and surgical supplies with superior value, throughout North America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. Medline holds top-tier market share in more than a dozen major medical product categories around the world. In Europe, the company has over a thousand employees throughout 16 countries. Now, due to the rapid growth of business activities, Medline’s European legal and compliance team is in need of expansion.
We are looking for a part-time, enthusiastic and knowledgeable Privacy Officer, with legal experience and affinity with working within the medical device or pharmaceutical industry. As Privacy Officer for the European organisation, you will coordinate the data privacy compliance programme and work closely with the designated Data Protection Officer as well as the Senior Compliance Officer. In addition, you will function as a subject matter expert and report to the Director of Global Privacy in the United States. Finally, working in a matrixed and international environment, you will also be involved in the Global Privacy programme.
- Be responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the data protection programme within the organisation
- Oversee and give legal and operational substance to the data protection management programme
- Coordinate and monitor, in narrow collaboration with the Controller, the follow-up and execution of decisions and activities—within the data protection governance structure
- Monitor, document and report issues with and advise on personal data processing activities within the local or functional organisation while engaging with relevant business and service departments
- Maintain the data inventory
- Maintain operational policies and procedures in a way that is consistent with the data protection policy, legal requirements, and operational risk management objectives
- Provide ongoing training and awareness to promote compliance and mitigate operational risks
- Work closely with the Information Security Officer to help manage monitoring, risk and mitigation
- Maintain effective procedures for interactions with individuals about their personal data
- Monitor organisational practices to identify new processes or material changes to existing processes and ensure the implementation of Privacy by Design principles
- Maintain an effective data privacy incident and breach management programme
- Be the first point of contact for inquiries from local offices, data protection supervisory authorities or data subjects, in relation to data subject requests and data breaches—escalating where needed to local or regional management
- Ensure operational practices are in compliance with the data protection policy and operational policies and procedures
- Track new compliance requirements, expectations, and best practices
- University degree in law from any European institution; specialist certification in the field of data protection (e.g. CIPP/E) is a definite plus
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant post qualification working experience as a specialist in the field of data protection, in-house legal counsel, attorney-at-law or consultant
- Excellent understanding and working knowledge of GDPR, data protection laws, supervisory authority guidance and regulations
- Passionate interest in privacy, technology and security of personal data
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal
- Proactive and self-motivated, able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Organisational sensitivity and good communication skills, paired with the ability to liaise with people internationally, through spoken and written channels, and at all levels
- Accessible, results-oriented, organised and decisive
- Strong personality, self-management and sense of responsibility
- Flexible, analytical, convincing; pragmatic, organised and solution-oriented
- Personal credibility, integrity and high moral standards
- An interesting part-time position (4/5) within a continuously growing market-leading healthcare company
- Become a key player in a fast-paced company in a truly international environment
- The opportunity to grow and develop yourself, as well as a competitive remuneration and employee benefits package.
Application Submission Information:
Please send CV and resume to Benelux-Recruitment@medline.com with the title "Privacy Officer IAPP".