- Serve as a trusted advisor to business and technology partners by demonstrating an understanding of the partner’s business initiatives, mission, and goals, and operating in a complex and evolving risk landscape.
- Understand business requirements and works with stakeholders to define appropriate solutions and controls while meeting business goals and objectives.
- Identify and recommend appropriate measures to manage and mitigate privacy risks to a level acceptable to the senior management of the company.
- Conduct privacy impact and/or risk assessment analysis by supporting and consulting with business and IT partners on recommendations and/or mitigation strategies; manage and report on remediation efforts.
- Establish risk reporting for appropriate audiences (for example, to the board of directors so they understand the most significant privacy risks, to senior leadership to ensure they are aware of privacy risks relevant to their organization, and to individuals with accountability to privacy).
- Assist in the development, implementation, and enforcement of policies, standards and procedures to secure and protect personal information.
- Research and evaluate emerging trends and threats both internal and external.
- Provide support to stakeholders on requirements for new and existing business / technology solutions to assure compliance to privacy policies and procedures.
- Champion the integration of privacy activities into Allstate’s day-to-day processes including work intake and project management processes.
- Develop and improve KPIs, metrics, and trending for risk and impact management.
- Develop and refine procedures and techniques used by the team.
- Participate and lead new projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: college degree or equivalent work experience in the field of risk management: Minimum experience between 2 and 4 years.
- Able to influence, gain consensus, unite disparate ideas with practical work/project plans; work with cross-functional teams from all areas of an organization, including offsite, remote and offshore resources.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills. Ability to tailor communication style to audience at hand.
- Ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical resources.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Self-directed, works with minimal guidance, and recognizes when guidance needed.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Demonstrated ability to stay abreast of evolving technology such as cloud and mobile computing.
- Knowledge of privacy controls, protocols, tools and best practices such as PCI, HIPAA, NIST, GAPP, GDPR and Privacy by Design.
- IAPP or other privacy industry certification preferred.
Application Submission Information:
Please apply online to www.allstate.com. From within the Careers section, apply directly to 101515; or apply directly to the link: https://jobsearch.allstate.com/ShowJob/Id/1542040/Privacy-Consultant-II-Northbrook/