What type of person are we looking for?
- Proven work experience in a compliance and risk environment
- Experience of working with regulatory frameworks
- Excellent organisational and multitasking abilities
- Strong communications skills from a customer facing and technical perspective
- Ambitious with the potential to grow with the company
- Driven and committed to success whilst maintaining integrity
- Logical approach towards technically led solutions
What will you be doing?
- Assisting in the specification of Data Solver’s Privacy Management Software
- Advising on legal and regulatory aspects of compliance regarding data protection laws, rules and guidance applicable to Data Solver’s Privacy Management software and Data Solver’s internal compliance
- Developing and implementing compliance frameworks including templates and guidance notes for privacy, data protection, cross-border transfers, and other privacy and personal data matters
- Monitoring legislative and regulatory developments in the area of data protection and privacy, particularly in the UK, EU, Asia and North and South America
- Assisting in the Identification and mitigation of internal data protection issues and risks
- Participating and advising on data protection issues in company-wide initiatives
- Developing training and customer onboarding materials
- Supporting the sales and customer service team from a customer facing perspective on privacy related queries
- Generating privacy related content for the Marketing and PR Team
- Providing cross organisational support in all matters related to privacy
Your skills and experience will include
- Extensive experience in a regulatory environment
- Degree in law, international relations/public policy or equivalent experience
- Privacy and/or Information Security qualification (CISSP, CISM, CIPP, CIPM) desirable
- Solid computer skills including: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
You will report to
In the short-term this position will report to the CEO. In the long-term this role will report to the Head of Privacy (once appointed).
What do we offer?
- A competitive salary
- 23 days holiday a year plus 1 additional days’ holiday for every year served up to a maximum of 28 days
- Opportunities for advancement
- Dynamic working environment
Application Submission Information:
email@example.com (with ‘Application for Privacy and Compliance Specialist’ in the subject header)