Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts privacy incident investigations (from root causes to corrective action) and provides timely response, recommendations and on-going support for resolution, if needed.
- Works with the Privacy Compliance Officer on privacy risk assessments and major business initiatives and processes.
- Maintains the privacy training program for new and current employees -- and provides additional specific training to departments or roles/projects as needed.
- Communicates privacy best practices via our intranet site and employee newsletter.
- Stays abreast of privacy legislation, best practices and industry trends affecting privacy and data security concerns relating to Alberta Blue Cross business practices and customer expectations. This includes attendance at professional development sessions and workshops.
- Participates in professional development initiatives and acquires and maintains appropriate privacy certification.
- Active member of the Privacy Issues group that meets on a regular basis. Works closely, as required, with the Privacy Compliance Officer on specific privacy-related issues or broader corporate initiatives.
- Support Privacy Compliance Officer and Director, Risk and Assurance Services as needed.
Skills and Knowledge:
- A minimum of one year of work related experience.
- A related undergraduate degree.
- Knowledge and understanding of the core business processes in the health benefits industry
- Willingness to pursue formal privacy and data security training is essential.
- Proven track record in paying high attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills which have led to productive working relationships.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time under tight deadlines
- Superior information gathering, analytical and decision-making and organizational capabilities.
- Work independently, possess strong written and verbal communication skills and be capable of building rapport among stakeholders
- Knowledge of privacy principles and practices, legislation and investigative processes would be an asset.
Application Submission Information:
Alberta Blue Cross offers a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in a challenging team-oriented environment. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, please submit your resume to www.ab.bluecross.ca.