Participates in the development, implementation, management and oversight of enterprise privacy programs and processes that support effective risk and compliance management in the first line of defense. Supports the enterprise Privacy Office and serves as a subject matter expert for privacy to include federal and state regulations. Partners and collaborates with the lines of business, Compliance and Risk Management, Audit Services, Legal, and Regulators to support privacy-based initiatives. Provides training and guidance to employees within the various business areas that are accountable for adhering to USAA’s privacy standards, policies and guidelines.
Detailed Position Description:
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Coordinates, gathers and analyzes data trends and responds accordingly to business specific privacy requirements and requests. Applies proficient knowledge of the financial services industry and privacy requirements, policies, laws, and regulations to daily work.
- Performs research, analysis and reporting to identify, resolve, and explain cross-CoSA privacy issues and incidents. Gathers information to support business analysis, resolve incidents and issues, and identify points of escalation.
- Conducts required privacy assessments of business applications to ensure compliance with published policies and standards.
- Proactively provides the business with privacy recommendations and decisions to improve the effectiveness, efficiency and a compliant implementation of business requirements.
- Applies proficient knowledge of critical business operations or systems applications processes, procedures, and incident remediation action plans to ensure appropriate escalations in support of data incidents or other privacy related matters.
- Provides privacy input on business action plans, projects or operational requests.
- Reviews business documents and forms to ensure compliance with enterprise privacy policies and regulatory and legal requirements. Partners with the business, Compliance, Risk Management, Audit Services, and Legal to provide appropriate risk mitigation recommendations.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4 additional years of related privacy, compliance, risk or regulatory experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- 4 years of operations experience in a relevant functional area to include financial services, insurance, banking, investment, information technology, legal or other related operational areas that support privacy/risk/compliance initiatives within the business.
- 2 years of privacy, compliance, risk or regulatory related experience with accountability for moderate to complex projects, processes or policies.
- Proven knowledge of relevant regulatory compliance, industry regulations and regulatory data sources.
- Demonstrated analytical, organizational and problem-solving abilities requiring a high attention to detail.
- Proven communication skills with the ability to collaborate and execute among cross-functional teams.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- 3+ years of Banking experience.
- Experience implementing data capabilities to enable Bank privacy policies
- Risk/Issue management expertise supporting Bank first line controls and compliance testing.
- Direct exposure to Scaled Agile Framework project management practices
- IAPP (e.g., CIPP, CIPT, CIPM) certification a plus.
- Coding Capability
- Experience in SQL/SAS
Application Submission Information: