The Data Privacy Manager provides analysis and solutions in support of the Privacy Office. The person in this role will support the Privacy Office's function of maintaining and maturing the organization's privacy program to include the support of program framework, standards, and policies. This role requires managing multiple, concurrent project and task assignments, placing proper priorities on tasks and attention to detail to follow through all assignments to completion. This role reports to Data Privacy Counsel.
- Evaluate Privacy Impact Assessments for new or updated products and services, analyze results to recommend mitigation and remediation activities, as appropriate, and ensuring compliance with laws and internal standards.
- Prepare summaries, data flows, and other materials related to privacy activities.
- Working knowledge of how IT applications, infrastructure and architecture can be adapted to reduce data privacy risk.
- Provide support to continued organization and coordination of organizational privacy processes and efforts (US and global).
- Provide support to continued development and maintenance of a comprehensive privacy program which minimizes risk and maintain the confidentiality of personal information of consumers and employees and other applicable company data.
- Work collaboratively with Cybersecurity to ensure continuous alignment between Cybersecurity and privacy compliance programs (including policies, practices, and programs).
- Work collaboratively with Cybersecurity, Compliance, IT, Purchasing and other business functions to embed privacy related requirements within new and existing processes, projects, and teams.
- Work collaboratively with various business units at all levels of the organization on privacy matters.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of privacy laws and events.
- Assist in developing and/or maintaining privacy related policies, procedures, awareness, and training.
- Ensure privacy requirements are properly captured and maintained within the servicing system.
- Assist in managing customer privacy notice revisions and processes.
- Create and maintain various reporting, including reporting on Privacy Impact Assessments.
- Provide support for implementation of new privacy laws and requirements.
- Assist with data subject requests, as needed.
- Work closely with DPOs to ensure the appropriate privacy resources are engaged.
- Creates and delivers privacy related training programs.
- Maintains current knowledge of applicable data protection laws and accreditation standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Conform with all company policies and procedures.
- US and Canadian Privacy laws, with focus on financial institution data.
- Applicable global privacy laws.
- Knowledge of information technology systems, infrastructure, and operations.
- Excellent communication skills including ability to express facts and ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Analytical ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a team, in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to relate well with others, build relationships and constructively interact with a variety of people and situations.
- Ability to use Microsoft office applications software.
- Ability to use appropriate analysis, judgment and logic when solving problems and making decisions.
- Proficient in information technology, cybersecurity, and related privacy issues.
- Experience with privacy by design concepts and working with business partners to integrate compliance into projects.
- Active learner with strong work ethic.
- Proactive, flexible, responsive, and resourceful.
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills.
- Tolerance for ambiguity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant studies in related field or equivalent work experience required.
- 3-5 years in privacy or information technology related experience required.
- Hybrid work environment.
- Strong focus on providing quality service to internal and external customers.
Application Submission Information: