The Assistant Privacy Officer and FOI Manager administers BC Housing’s obligations under British Columbia’s Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA) by managing freedom of information (FOI) requests, supporting the completion of Privacy Impact Statements, developing policies and procedures, delivering training, and providing advice to BC Housing staff. The position assumes acting responsibilities for the Privacy Officer and Senior Manager, Information Services as necessary. The position interacts with BC Housing’s CEO, vice-presidents and senior management, exercising considerable discretion and providing advice on sensitive and complex privacy and FOI matters.
Detailed Position Description:
YOU BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Bachelor degree or diploma in a related discipline supplemented by industry recognized professional courses, such as IAPP certification.
- Considerable experience processing FOI requests of varied complexity, completing Privacy Impact Assessments, including for complex Information Technology (IT) systems and environments, and completing Information Sharing Agreements. Considerable experience in communicating with senior level staff, organizations such as the OIPC, and clients
- Supervisory experience an asset.
- Extensive knowledge of FIPPA, or other similar legislation in Canada
- In depth knowledge and understanding of BC Housing’s business operations
- Demonstrable expertise in analysing the requirements of FIPPA and the impact of OIPC decisions
- Basic knowledge of IT Security
- Well-honed problem solving skills, and ability to analyze and solve issues and make effective decisions in a results-oriented environment
- Proven communication, facilitation and negotiation skills
- Ability to communicate clearly, in both spoken and written communications, and provide complex and sensitive information where there may be significant barriers to acceptance
- Ability to build strong and trusting relationships with BC Housing executive, managers and staff, the OIPC and other government agencies
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, and utilize diplomacy and tact in dealing with confidential matters
- Effective organizational, planning and project management skills
- Effective leadership, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
BC Housing is the provincial Crown agency that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province.
We are a trusted leader and partner in providing housing solutions for British Columbians. Through safe, affordable and quality housing, we truly make a positive difference in people’s lives and communities.
What makes BC Housing such an inspiring place to work? Our passion for making a difference, our people strategy, our values and so much more!
We’re seeking candidates who share the values of our organization and who are committed to helping those in need. Make a positive difference with us; an exciting opportunity awaits!
Application Submission Information:
We are looking forward to receiving your application at www.bchousing.org/careers