Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
At Nike, we understand that it takes a lifetime to build consumer trust and a moment to lose it. We work hard to earn and maintain that trust every single day – by treating our consumers with respect, and by delivering world-class, innovative products and experiences that are useful, intuitive, and exceed their expectations. Nike’s Global Privacy Team is critical to building and maintaining that trust. We collaborate with business partners to ensure respect for consumer data and privacy are embedded within every product and experience. We help teams understand the importance of privacy while giving thoughtful, clear, and actionable guidance.
NIKE, Inc. is on a mission to evolve our digital business and our Global Privacy Team. We’re looking for world-class talent to join our diverse, passionate, and purpose-driven team. If you’re dynamic, action-oriented, collaborative, thoughtful, and have deep technical privacy experience, you’ll fit right in with the team that helps Nike earn and deserve consumer trust.
- This position will be responsible for supporting and managing global legal privacy and security (“privacy”) strategies for Nike, Inc., including its affiliates.
- Help implement Nike, Inc.’s global legal privacy strategy, with executive direction as necessary.
- Formulate and disseminate enterprise-wide policies for US and Global operations, in partnership and consultation with country/GEO counsel responsible for data protection.
- Help ensure the company has fully documented policies and practices in place, consistent with local laws.
- Identify issues of highest risk facing the company; propose and drive solutions to address those risks.
Cross-functional leadership and engagement:
- Provide leadership and engagement with cross-functional teammates including, but not limited to, HR, global sales, information technology, information security, government affairs, communications, and audit.
Embed our Approach:
- Effectively champion a principles-based privacy approach throughout the company.
- Drive programs and processes and decisions in support of strategy and principles.
- Surface and resolve issues that have the potential for brand impact for business and legal consideration.
- Conduct privacy impact assessments for large IT and enterprise services, programs and systems.
- Continually test and improve privacy processes and governance.
- Maintain knowledge of external business and legal landscape in privacy and proactively propose advisable business processes or practices.
- Maintain knowledge of the relevant information technology systems and applications to drive systematic solutions and improvements.
- Provide subject matter expertise regarding privacy and security provisions within commercial deals.
- Grounding in global laws and government activity related to privacy.
- Partner with government affairs on government policy/regulation affecting the company.
Education and Awareness:
- Create content and guide delivery of company-wide and roles-based education and awareness of privacy issues and their impact to our brand and business.
- Train agencies, vendors and other contractors in privacy matters.
- Liaise with privacy professionals at peer companies and industries.
- Responsible for developing and augmenting internal efforts to create integrated privacy governance by monitoring the relevant legal, regulatory and policy developments, collaborating with external stakeholders.
- Minimum of 5-7 years privacy experience in a law firm with multinational corporation experience preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of global privacy and information security laws; ability to act as a “subject matter expert” in privacy
- Experience with cross-border data transfers and methods of ensuring compliance with data protection laws.
- Experience with privacy and security provisions in commercial agreements.
- IAPP Certification Preferred
- Ability to successfully draft and implement privacy policies and processes
- Ability to communicate privacy effectively at all levels
- Strong team player and ability to work cross-functionally in a complex organizational structure
- Sound risk assessment capabilities in rapidly evolving regulated areas
- Ability to prioritize and work through ambiguity, focus on business requirements and drive results
- Ability to work independently within a multinational organization and be pragmatic and results focused
- Can take a dynamic approach to implementing a privacy program
Application Submission Information: