Author: Dominique Shelton, CIPP/US
The California Consumer Privacy Act is the most sweeping privacy law in the United States and rivals the EU General Data Protection Regulation in terms of the shift it will require in mindset and business for all persons, organizations and enterprises processing personal information about California residents.
“Implementing the CCPA: A Global Guide for Business, Second Edition” is definitive reading for privacy professionals who are interested in implementing the California Consumer Privacy Act. This second edition covers the following important issues for privacy professionals:
- Implementing the CCPA, adopted in 2018 and amended in 2019.
- Understanding the impact of the CCPA Regulations adopted in September 2020.
- Applying the CCPA to specific industries (e.g., advertising technology, financial, health care, Internet of Things).
- Integrating CCPA into a global privacy compliance program.
- Leveraging CCPA compliance for compliance with the new California Privacy Rights Act that will go into effect January 1, 2023.