- The Washington State Senate passed the Washington Privacy Act, with the bill now heading to the House of Representatives.
- The Oklahoma House of Representatives approved the third reading of House Bill 1602, the Computer Data Privacy Act, with a vote of 85–11 and 5 abstentions.
- Utah's Senate Bill 200, the Consumer Privacy Act, failed to get a third Senate floor reading on the final day it was able to pass the chamber.
- The Utah Legislature passed Senate Bill 34, which regulates the government's use of facial recognition technology, The Salt Lake Tribune reports.
- Hawaii's House of Representatives is considering House Bill 125, the Uniform Employee and Student Online Privacy Protection Act.
If you want to comment on this post, you need to login.