As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, here are the latest stories on how the outbreak has affected privacy:
- The World Health Organization is advising those offering technological aid to combat COVID-19 to be mindful of privacy and human rights, Reuters reports.
- Euractiv reports the European Commission hopes to use COVID-19 to demonstrate the EU's open data policy and data use for the "common good."
- The U.S Department of Health and Human Services' Office for Civil Rights issued guidance on how to lawfully disclose sensitive information on COVID-19 patients to law enforcement, paramedics and public health authorities.
- The Future of Privacy Forum took an in-depth look at the use of location data to combat pandemics.
- The Irish Data Protection Commission released guidance on data subject access requests amid COVID-19.
- The Dutch data protection authority, Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens, published an FAQ document regarding COVID-19 data practices in the workplace.
If you want to comment on this post, you need to login.