It’s Crowdsourcing. With an Exceptional Crowd
Have ideas? Need advice? Here’s your forum. The IAPP Privacy List connects you online with members who can swap solutions and discuss a whole scope of privacy issues and practices.
Subscribe now to the Privacy List. Our members speak your language.
The Privacy List is a benefit to members of the IAPP. Subscription requests are approved by the moderator and can take up to 72 hours to process.
In a word, R-E-S-P-E-C-T. The tone here is friendly, supportive and constructive. We’re a global organization, and views vary. That works in your favor when you’re looking for insight and answers. We like to play nice.
How it works: Every subscriber sees every message. You’ll receive each post, and everyone who’s subscribed will receive yours.
Send your posts to firstname.lastname@example.org with the topic as the subject and the question or comment in the body.
The Privacy List is moderated, so messages are reviewed before being posted. The IAPP retains the right to modify or block any messages that don’t meet our guidelines, such as:
- Petitions, jokes, slander, chain letters, alerts, calls to action, resume posting, job announcements and personal ventures
- Defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive or other illegal materials
- Political rants, endorsement or discussions
- Marketing services, business solicitations or commercial postings
Why would you want to? But here’s how.
Every message from the Privacy List includes an “unsubscribe” link at the bottom. Another option is to log in to listbox.com/member (see below).
Log in to www.listbox.com/member or by clicking the “Modify Your Subscription” link from the bottom of any Privacy List e-mail. Enter your registered e-mail address and the name of the list. And yes, we can send you that forgotten password.
Once you’ve logged in, you’ve got options: put messages on hold, resume receiving messages, create a password for future visits or choose to receive messages only via RSS feed (see below).
Log in to www.listbox.com/member (see above). Select “Receive No E-mail (RSS only)” from the available options. If you have installed RSS feed-reading software, enter the RSS feed URL that appears on your account settings page into that program. You may also view the RSS feed in your Internet browser by pasting the same URL into the browser’s search bar.
Don’t miss a thing! That great conversation on data ownership? Advice on Article 17 of the EU Directive? When you subscribe, you can access our complete archive of Privacy List posts. Just follow these steps:
- Visit https://www.listbox.com/member/
- Enter the e-mail address at which you receive Privacy List postings, and the Mailing List ID: PrivacyListserv@listbox.com
Click here for a sample of hot topics.
Now for the fine print:
- All content that users contribute via e-mail to the IAPP Privacy List becomes the property of the IAPP and may be published on the IAPP website or other locations at the IAPP’s discretion. If you do not wish to share certain information with the public, do not include it in your posting.
- We will never sell or exchange users’ names or e-mail addresses with any other party or organization without the explicit permission of the user.
- We strongly support Internet privacy and oppose the unsolicited sending of messages (SPAM). We reserve the right to interpret whether activities constitute spamming or other unauthorized violations. If we determine that spamming or other activities that violate our published guidelines are occurring, we reserve the right to terminate list subscriptions without advance notice.
- We require that our members abide by all copyright, obscenity and other laws governing content of publications in the United States of America.
- We reserve the right to block access to or from any IP address, mail server, domain or e-mail address without warning or recourse.
- The IAPP does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any posted information or content contained, distributed through, linked, downloaded or accessed from any of the services contained on this list. Any reliance upon materials or information from the list shall be used at the subscriber’s risk.