Thank you for contributing to the IAPP Canada Privacy Symposium 2019. To help ensure your session’s success, please see these important instructions:
Check the online schedule to see your session date and time
- To support and help market your presentation, we may have modified your session title and description. Please incorporate these changes into your presentation.
Due now: Send us your portrait and biography
- If we have this information on file, we’ve posted it to our website. If yours are missing or outdated, please email Julia Kirchmer your updates. Biographies should be 100 words maximum, and portraits must be high-resolution (300 DPI) and in colour, preferably (.jpeg or .tiff format, 300 x 300 pixels or better).
April 2 at 9:30 a.m. EST: Attend speaker orientation web conference
- All speakers are required to participate in this web conference led by IAPP Content Leadership.
- We’ll review logistics of the event, deadlines and tips for making your session a success.
- Julia Kirchmer will send you instructions on how to log on.
April 5: Deadline for initial planning call with co-panelists and chairperson
- Plan a call, meeting, or Skype session to talk about your ideas, session layout, topic distribution, etc. Feel free to email Julia Kirchmer to reserve a conference phone line for you.
- Include your IAPP program chair. They are content experts who are ready to assist with questions, review your deliverables, and provide feedback.
April 12: Send draft presentations to your chair
- Send electronic copies of your presentation drafts, outlines, PPTs and/or handouts to your program chair.
- Your program chair can provide feedback or answer any questions to help with your session planning
April 30: Send special A/V needs to your chair
- Our standard A/V setup for each session room includes the following items. If you would like something that you don’t see below, let us know by April 30 and we’ll do our best to accommodate your needs:
- Audio (speakers for mics and any audio output from the laptop)
- Laptop (no access to the Internet beyond the conference Wi-Fi)
- Podium mic
- Table mic(s)
- Slide advancer
May 17: Send final presentation to your chair
- Send electronic copies of your presentation and handouts in PPT format to your chair by end of the day.
- Speakers must use the IAPP event-specific PPT template provided here. Please follow the guidelines on Slide 1.
- If you’re on a panel, you must combine presentations into one deck.
- Please don’t miss the deadlines. If you do we may need to cancel your session and complimentary pass. We are thrilled to have you on board and really don’t want to do that.
- Need to make a change to speakers, panelists or presentation content? It’s important to run it by us. Please contact Julia Kirchmer immediately if you need to make adjustments.
See our Code of Conduct at IAPP events.