Thank you for contributing to the IAPP Canadian Privacy Symposium 2018. To help ensure your session’s success, please see these important instructions:
Check the online schedule to see your session date and time
- To support and help market your presentation, we may have modified your session title and description. Please incorporate these changes into your presentation.
Due now: Send us your portrait and biography
- If we have this information on file, we’ve posted it to our website. If yours are missing or outdated, please email Ashleigh Austin your updates. Biographies should be 100 words maximum, and portraits must be high-resolution (.jpeg or .tiff format, 300 x 300 pixels or better).
Due Now: Please view the speaker orientation web conference
- All speakers are required to participate in this web conference, led by Content Director Sam Pfeifle.
- This web conference reviews demographics of our audience, logistics of the event, deadlines, and tips for making your session a success.
March 30: Deadline for initial planning call with co-panellists and chairperson
- Plan a call, meeting or Skype session to talk about your ideas, session layout, topic distribution, etc. Feel free to email Ashleigh to reserve a conference phone line.
- Include your IAPP program chair. They are content experts who are ready to assist with questions, review your deliverables and provide feedback.
April 6: Send draft presentations to your chair
- Send electronic copies of your presentation drafts, outlines, PPTs and/or handouts to your program chair.
April 13: Send special A/V needs to your chair
- Our standard A/V setup for each session room includes the following items. If you would like something that you don’t see below, let us know by April 13 and we’ll do our best to accommodate your needs:
- Audio (speakers for mics and any audio output from laptop)
- Laptop (no access to Internet beyond the conference Wi-Fi)
- Podium mic
- Table mic(s)
- Slide advancer
May 18: Send final presentation to your chair
- Send electronic copies of your presentation and handouts in PPT format to your chair by end of day.
- Speakers must use the IAPP event-specific PPT template provided here. Please follow the guidelines on Slide 1.
- If you’re on a panel, you must combine presentations into one deck.
- You are required to bring your presentation on a USB key with you to the conference. If this is not possible, please contact Ashleigh Austin.
- Please don’t miss the deadlines—if you do we may need to cancel your session and complimentary pass. We are thrilled to have you on board and really don’t want to do that.
- Need to make a change to speakers, panellists or presentation content? It’s important to run it by us. Please contact Ashleigh Austin immediately if you need to make adjustments.
See our Code of Conduct at IAPP events.