With the power of ANSI/ISO accreditation behind it, a CIPP/E credential elevates your professional profile by deepening your knowledge and improving your job effectiveness. We constantly update our certification exams, textbooks and training to reflect the latest advances in privacy. The CIPP/E includes critical topics like the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and the GDPR.
PRIVACY’S PREMIER EUROPEAN DATA PROTECTION CERTIFICATION.
NOW AVAILABLE IN FRENCH AND GERMAN.
Developed in collaboration with the law firms, Bird and Bird, Field Fisher, Wilson/Sonsini and Covington and Burling, the CIPP/E encompasses pan-European and national data protection laws, key privacy terminology and practical concepts concerning the protection of personal data and trans-border data flows.
Our French and German versions were translated from our English exam through a rigorous process using the industry’s most respected translation firms, and following ISO-certified quality assurance processes. Additionally, we created German-English and French-English term glossaries for non-native English speakers to use while taking the exam. No machine translation was employed. Instead, native language speakers and subject matter experts reviewed materials multiple times to ensure accuracy, consistency and fluency.
GDPR training? The IAPP is the place.
The GDPR includes among its mandates the requirement to appoint knowledgeable DPOs (data protection officers) tasked with monitoring compliance, managing internal data protection activities, training data processing staff, conducting internal audits and more. There’s a lot to know, there’s a lot at stake and there’s a lot of opportunity for privacy professionals with the right training and education.
Achieving a CIPP/E credential shows you have the comprehensive GDPR knowledge, perspective and understanding to ensure compliance and data protection success in Europe—and to take advantage of the career opportunity this sweeping legislation represents.
Add a CIPM credential to the CIPP/E and you’ll be uniquely equipped to fulfill the DPO requirements of the GDPR. The CIPP/E relates to the knowledge a DPO must have concerning the European legal framework of the legislation, and the CIPM the theoretical aspects necessary to lead an organization’s data protection efforts.
Certified Information Privacy Professional/Europe
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Introduction to European Data Protection
- European Regulatory Institutions
- Legislative Framework
- Compliance with European Data Protection Law and Regulation
- International Data Transfers
The CIPP/E body of knowledge outlines all the concepts and topics you need to know to become certified. It also has an exam blueprint that indicates how many questions from each topic area you can expect on the exam. Both these key documents have also been translated into French and German for anyone pursuing certification in those specific languages.
We strongly encourage all potential test takers to read our 2019 Certification Candidate Handbook before testing for details on our testing policies and procedures.
Here are our top five reasons why IAPP certification and training are sure to advance your organization.
- The CIPP is the global industry standard for professionals entering and working in the field of privacy.
- Achieving a CIPP/E credential demonstrates understanding of a principles-based framework and knowledge base in information privacy within the European context, including critical topics like the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and GDPR (including Mandatory DPOs).
- You’ll be recognized as part of an elite group of knowledgeable, capable and dedicated privacy and data protection practitioners.
- Holding a CIPP/E designation elevates your leadership profile among your colleagues.
- The CIPP/E is a key benchmark among top employers for hiring and promoting privacy professionals.