Data Protection and Privacy Impact Assessments
Log in now for access to this member-only content.
Privacy impact assessments and data protection impact assessments are valuable tools to gauge the ways projects, systems, programs, products or services impact the data an organization holds, and increasingly they are being required by law for certain data processing. Having a good understanding of what PIAs and DPIAs are, how to implement them and who needs to be involved can be the key to determining the true effect a new project will have on your organization.
This topic page provides resources, news, tools and guidance to gain more in-depth knowledge on PIAs and DPIAs.
IAPP members get access to tons of great benefits:
- News. You’re busy. We make it easy to stay on top of the headlines.
- Networking. It’s all about who you know. Targeted online and in-person channels give you access to the people you want to meet.
- Resources. Our Resource Center is a one-stop-shop for practical tools and information to help you tackle your biggest challenges.
- Discounts. Get member-only rates on education products and programs, including study materials for our globally recognized certification programs and annual events.
- Freebies. You’ll get access to free web conferences, networking chapter meetings, research and so much more.