Focal Point Data Risk is a new type of risk management firm, one that delivers a unified approach to addressing data risk through a unique combination of service offerings. Focal Point has brought together industry-leading expertise in cyber security, identity governance and access management, data privacy and analytics, internal audit, and hands-on training services, giving companies everything they need to plan and develop effective risk and security programs. By integrating these services, we provide our clients with the flexible support they need to protect and leverage data across any part of their organization. Simply put, Focal Point is the next generation of risk management.
Our Privacy team has developed and implemented data privacy and information security programs for some of the nation’s largest and most complex organizations. Our clients represent industries in both the public and private sectors, including government agencies, domestic and global technology firms, global retail chains, financial services firms, and healthcare organizations. The Data Privacy Consultant is responsible for providing services related to a broad range of privacy disciplines, including compliance assessments, program design and policy development. He/she works on-site and off-site to evaluate client compliance with common industry standards and regulations. The Data Privacy Consultant must have working knowledge of federal and state privacy rules and regulations. He/she assists with drafting deliverables, frequently interacts with client personnel, and is expected to be active participant in client-focused project teams.
- Conducts project related privacy risk assessments and privacy audits.
- Reviews privacy practices and conducts periodic compliance assessments.
- Provides privacy and data protection training and awareness.
- Reviews client’s potential or actual privacy incidents, coordinates or leads the incident or breach management process.
- Prepares reports and other deliverables that contain strategy, project or technical analysis and findings in connection with our consulting engagements and communicates those results to the team and client management.
- Operates as a subject matter expert on privacy risks and audits.
- Interacts effectively with co-workers and clients at all levels, as to foster and maintain strong working relationships.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- 3+ years working in a consulting role as a Data Privacy consultant or related field experience.
- Experience interpreting international, federal and state privacy regulations.
- Working with technical, security controls and operational risk tolerance.
- Experience performing privacy and/or security gap assessments.
- Knowledge of the international, federal and state rules, regulations, and guidance related to security and privacy including but not limited to HIPAA, GLBA, GDPR, and NIST
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- A Bachelor's Degree in information systems, computer science or a related field.
- Obtained or working towards Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) certification
Travel Required: Regional and international travel, as needed, up to 35%
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, generous PTO and some other great perks!
Application Submission Information: