European Advisory Board Roles and Expectations
The IAPP’s European Advisory Board is critical to the development of the IAPP in Europe, actively supporting the IAPP in identifying programming and content that matches the specific needs of European data protection professionals.
The board is led by IAPP Europe Managing Director, Paul Jordan, and meets once every two months via teleconference. Two in-person meetings are also organised in conjunction with the annual IAPP events in Europe: the Data Protection Intensive and the Data Protection Congress.
European Advisory Board Expectations
All European Advisory Board members are expected to:
- Play a key role in developing programming and content for IAPP Europe
- Support IAPP Europe by providing regular guidance and insight
All European Advisory Board members are required to:
- Serve a two-year term (renewable)
- Attend and actively contribute to all meetings
- Be ambassadors for the IAPP in Europe
The board is comprised of at least 15 European residents, balanced, to the extent possible, by experience, industry sector, location and gender. Considerations for selection include:
- Current IAPP membership in good standing (maintained throughout term)
- Professional experience and knowledge of European data protection laws and regulations
- Certification in one of IAPP’s certification programs is an advantage
- Promote the data protection profession by ensuring that IAPP Europes’s programming and activities meet members’ and industry needs
- Receive two continuing privacy education (CPE) credits per year
How to Apply
The Call for Volunteers opens every fall.