Dr. Larry Ponemon is the chairman and founder of the Ponemon Institute, a research think tank dedicated to advancing privacy and data protection practices. Ponemon is considered a pioneer in privacy auditing and the Responsible Information Management or RIM framework.
Ponemon Institute conducts independent research, educates leaders from the private and public sectors and verifies the privacy and data protection practices of organizations in a various industries. In addition to institute activities, Ponemon is an adjunct professor for ethics and privacy at Carnegie Mellon University's CIO Institute. He is also a founding board member of the Unisys Corporation's Security Leadership Institute.
Ponemon consults with leading multinational organizations on global privacy management programs. He has extensive knowledge of regulatory frameworks for managing privacy and data security, including financial services, healthcare, pharmaceutical, telecom and Internet. Ponemon was appointed to the Advisory Committee for Online Access & Security for the United States Federal Trade Commission and was appointed by the White House to the Data Privacy and Integrity Advisory Committee for the Department of Homeland Security. He was also appointed to two California state task forces on privacy and data security laws.
Ponemon is a member of the National Board of Advisors of the Eller College of Business and Public Administration, University of Arizona. He serves as chairman of the Government Policy Advisory Committee and co-chair of the Internet Task Force for the Council of American Survey and Research Organizations (CASRO).
Contributions by Larry Ponemon
New study highlights lack of GDPR preparedness
Protecting Knowledge Assets
Speaker at Privacy. Security. Risk. 2016
The Hidden Insider Threats: Unveiling the Visual Hacker and Social Engineer
Speaker at Global Privacy Summit 2016
Study: Criminals Find Gold Mine in Easy-To-Access Healthcare Data
The Privacy Advisor
Why 2014 Forever Changed Breach Response: How to Adjust Your Strategy and Prepar
Speaker at Global Privacy Summit 2015
- Speaker at IAPP Academy 2006
- Speaker at IAPP Global Privacy Summit 2006
- Speaker at IAPP Global Privacy Summit 2007
- Speaker at IAPP Global Privacy Summit 2005
- Speaker at IAPP Global Privacy Summit 2011
- Speaker at IAPP Academy 2010
- Speaker at IAPP Symposium 2004
- Speaker at IAPP Academy 2007
- Speaker at IAPP Global Privacy Summit 2004
- Speaker at IAPP Academy 2003
- Speaker at IAPP Global Privacy Summit 2008
- Speaker at IAPP Global Privacy Summit 2010
- Speaker at IAPP Academy 2008
- Speaker at IAPP Academy 2005
- Speaker at Practical Privacy Series 2013 - New York