Nitin Dhavate, CIPP/E, CIPM, FIP
Nitin is the Country Head for Data Privacy (India and South Asia Cluster) at Novartis. He is a privacy and information security professional with a focus on planning, implementing and maintaining privacy programs to support business growth while managing privacy risk. He has defined processes for personal data and privacy governance and managed initiatives for operational privacy, privacy compliance for new country / subsidiary, security controls, privacy training, PETs and privacy by design for products. Key activities -
• Privacy Program Framework: Define key processes - Policies and Standards, GDPR rollout, evolving global privacy regulations, technical controls, PETs, training and awareness, Incident Management, Risk Management, Vendor management
• Privacy by Design - Developed framework for Privacy by Design for products. Drove initiatives to ensure that products are "Privacy / GDPR Ready". Worked on products such as Core Banking, RPA, Retail, Financial services. This involved products that use AI / ML
• Cybersecurity Leadership: Advised on security threats, mitigations and control requirements for identified privacy risks. Led implementation of security and privacy controls.
• Technology Program Delivery - Strong background in information security and technology to drive implementation of solutions such as IAM, IRM, DLP, Pseudonymization, etc. Privacy impacts and controls for new technologies such as Blockchain, UEBA, CASB, etc.
• Country Compliance - Drove end to end compliance programs for new country, subsidiary, joint ventures, etc. to ensure compliance to local privacy regulations
• Industry Leadership: Regular speaker at local and national industry forums on privacy and security
Contributions by Nitin Dhavate
Data Privacy Management Series
Speaker at Virtual Hyderabad KnowledgeNet: 20 October 2020
Data Privacy Discussions
Speaker at Virtual Hyderabad KnowledgeNet: 1 July 2020
Privacy, Ethics & Innovation
Speaker at Pune KnowledgeNet: 7 February 2019