The individual in this role must have advanced subject matter knowledge in global privacy / data protection requirements to solve complex business issues. Expectations are that they frequently contribute to the development of new ideas and methods to drive privacy operational excellence. The individual must be extremely curious with great analytical skills. Having strong interpersonal skills and the capability to mentor and influence technical project teams will be key to the success of this role.
- Effectively manage interactions/relationships with HP business and Global Functional teams to drive privacy compliance and trust in the use of HP products, services and processes.
- Co-ordinates and drives the fulfilment of Privacy / Data Protection Impact Assessments.
- Supports the Privacy Office in advancing greater privacy accountability across the company through effective tools, training and guidance.
- Supports integration of privacy into product and service life-cycles.
- Drives privacy awareness through the development of guidelines and best practices for privacy compliance across different areas.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business Management, Engineering, Computer Sciences, Law or equivalent.
- Privacy certification such as CIPT, CIPM, CIPP-E, CIPP-US preferred.
- 6-10 years experience in applied privacy / data protection.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation), particularly the ability to communicate with diplomacy, credibility and confidence.
- Proven strength in ability to prepare detailed compliance documentation.
- Ability to exercise good judgement and balance risks in ambiguous, complex, fast-paced situations.
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration skills, in particular in leading or contributing to global and multi-functional teams.
- Highly motivated to contribute and grow within a complex area of emerging importance.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to influence without authority.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
Application Submission Information:
Please submit your application here: https://hp.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/ExternalCareerSite/job/San-Diego-California-United-States-of-America/Privacy-Program-Manager_3104189-1