Skyline Group of Companies is searching for a passionate, driven and energetic candidate for the position of Director, Privacy & Data Security (Privacy Officer). Reporting to the General Counsel, this position is responsible for management of risk and compliance related to data privacy laws across the Skyline Group of Companies. Acting as the central authority for privacy issues, this position will focus on safe-guarding data of investors, employees, tenants, and business partners, while supporting our shared goal of creating meaningful value, and an exceptional experience for our customers, our people, and our communities. This full-time position will be located at our Head Office in Guelph, ON. A 50% hybrid work schedule can be accommodated.
What you will be doing:
- In collaboration with the General Counsel, business leaders and senior management maintain a comprehensive industry standard privacy program that is business focused and defines, implements, reviews and updates policies and processes that minimize risk and ensure the confidentiality of protected information across all media types, including, where required, building and reviewing stakeholder specific sub-programs.
- Maintain a comprehensive industry standard compliance program related to Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) that is business focused and defines, implements, reviews and updates policies and processes that minimize risk and ensure compliance with legal requirements for consent and distribution of electronic messaging, including, where required, building and reviewing stakeholder specific sub-programs.
- Ensure all privacy forms, policies, standards, and procedures are consistent and are regularly audited and updated to remain current and address all privacy concerns, requirements, and responsibilities.
- Perform regular data auditing and privacy risk assessments and analysis and develop protocols for risk mitigation and remediation.
- Conduct periodic privacy and CASL compliance audits and assessments and report findings and recommendations to General Counsel and senior management.
- Oversee, develop, and deliver initial and ongoing privacy and CASL training to the workforce.
- Serve as the information privacy resource across the Skyline Group of Companies and provide expertise, advice, and guidance to staff regarding the interpretation and requirements of privacy, information security and CASL legislation.
- Review and draft appropriate contractual clauses relating to privacy, data security and CASL compliance for third party agreements.
- Manage response to requests for access to and correction of personal information in accordance with legislative requirements and Skyline policies.
- Act as representative to the Information and Privacy Commissioner in the event of an investigation.
What we look for:
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English; French is an asset.
- Problem solving skills necessary to resolve routine and non-routine privacy issues.
- A positive attitude! You can handle any problem with optimism.
- Post-secondary education in related field (e.g., Business Studies, Public Administration, Privacy/Records Management, or Law).
- Certified Records Management (CRM) designation and/or Privacy Certification (CIPP-C) an asset.
- 5-7 years relevant work experience.
Application Submission Information:
Please submit your application directly to the role through https://www.skylinegroupofcompanies.ca/careers/