Greenberg Traurig, LLP (GT) is seeking an attorney with a minimum of 3 years of experience counseling on data privacy matters to join our rapidly growing Data, Privacy & Cybersecurity group. The position, based in our San Francisco office, will provide exceptional candidates the opportunity to work on cutting edge matters, gain significant responsibility, and have direct exposure to clients while working with experienced GT privacy and security attorneys in the U.S. and abroad.
- Admission to practice law in California with excellent academic credentials.
- 3+ years of experience specializing in providing legal advice on data protection matters.
- Experience assisting companies with compliance issues in relation to the CCPA/CPRA, GDPR, ePrivacy Directive, the FTC Act and other global privacy laws and regulations (with additional consideration for sector-specific experience in financial services, education, telecom, biometrics, or digital advertising); knowledge of HIPAA, FCRA, GLBA, COPPA, TCPA, CAN-SPAM is beneficial.
- Experience drafting and revising privacy notices, terms of service, incident response plans, information security policies and other data protection policies.
- Experience drafting and negotiating professional services agreements, vendor/service provider agreements, data processing agreements, cross-border transfer agreements, and other types of commercial agreements involving data sharing.
- Experience in working on corporate transactions in relation to privacy and security-related due diligence and advising.
- Experience in driving data breach preparation, risk mitigation, coordination and responses.
- IAPP CIPP certification (U.S. and EU) is strongly preferred.
Full Job Description: Greenberg Traurig Careers - Data Privacy & Cybersecurity Associate - SF (jobvite.com)
Benefits and Salary:
The expected annualized base salary range for this position is $205,000 to $305,000. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law. Full time employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus, health insurance with an optional HSA, short term disability, long term disability, dental insurance, vision care, life insurance, Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, 401K, vacation, sick time, and an employee assistance program. Additional voluntary programs include: voluntary accident insurance, voluntary life, voluntary disability, voluntary long term care, voluntary critical illness and cancer insurance and pet insurance. Commuter and Transit programs may also be available in certain markets.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Greenberg Traurig is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Greenberg Traurig are considered without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or genetic information, among other protected bases.
In support of our unwavering dedication to putting diversity, equity, and inclusion into action, GT participates in the Mansfield Rule Certification Program. This Program, which is administered by The Diversity Lab, aims to increase diverse representation in the legal industry. In July 2020, we achieved Mansfield Rule 3.0 Certification. A year later, in 2021, we achieved Mansfield 4.0 Certification Plus, meaning we went beyond the requirements of the original Mansfield program. Most recently, in 2022, GT gained Mansfield Rule 5.0 Certification Plus – again achieving the highest level of certification a law firm can obtain. GT is currently participating in the Mansfield Rule 6.0 Certification Program. Providing your data during the application process helps us with achieving our goals and with meeting reporting/record-keeping obligations under federal and state law and other legal requirements. Providing your data is entirely voluntary and will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be treated confidentially.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Application Submission Information:
Please apply via this link: https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=olP5lfwk&s=IAPP
Please make sure to attach your resume, cover letter, law school transcript (unofficial transcript is acceptable), and a writing sample, all in PDF format.
Submissions from search firms will only be accepted through our web portal; for access, please contact Jessica Fijolek.