The U.S. Federal Privacy Council has launched a new toolkit on its career page aimed at assisting federal agency human resources staff and hiring managers in understanding the new world of federal government privacy, making decisions about which types of positions they should use in their privacy offices, designing federal privacy positions, then conducting recruitment and selection activities. This toolkit contains hiring authorities and flexibilities, template position descriptions and job opportunity announcements, interview questions, and much more.
The toolkit also covers topics such as:
- Top 10 Tips for privacy talent recruiting, hiring, and retention;
- Responsibilities of federal privacy programs today;
- Effective position management;
- Classification of privacy positions;
- Privacy program leadership;
- Effective position descriptions;
- Recruitment of top talent using effective Job Opportunity Announcements (JOAs);
- Recruitment sources, and hiring authorities and flexibilities;
- Candidate selection, and the use of assessments to identify top privacy talent;
- Interview guidelines and sample questions, by job series; and
- Subject matter expert assistance in evaluating candidates.