Women Leading Privacy Advisory Board
The Women Leading Privacy Advisory Board promotes critical and emerging needs of women in the field of privacy through education and networking.
WOMEN LEADING PRIVACY BOARD EXPECTATIONS
- Serve two-year term.
- Maintain active IAPP membership.
- Attend and participate in scheduled meetings and complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Keep information shared among advisory board members confidential.
- Act with integrity and professionalism in advisory board duties.
- Advocate for the IAPP.
- • Play an active role in developing programming and content for the IAPP Global Privacy Summit, IAPP Privacy. Security. Risk., IAPP Canada Privacy Symposium, IAPP Europe Data Protection Intensives and IAPP Europe Data Protection Congress.
- Plan and host networking events at annual conferences.
- Program and lead at least one IAPP webinar annually.
- Assist with programming smaller events as needed.
- Participate in quarterly meetings via teleconference.
Boards are selected with the goal of creating a balanced working group based on experience level, industry sector, geographic location and area of expertise. Considerations for selection include:
- Professional experience and knowledge of privacy and data protection laws, regulations, policies, procedures, best practices and theory.
- Length of membership plus commitment to and involvement with the IAPP.
- Please note:
- IAPP advisory board members are not agents or employees of the IAPP and cannot act on IAPP’s behalf or enter into any binding agreements.
- As an advisory board member, your decisions, actions and opinions speak about you as an IAPP volunteer, and not solely as a member or privacy professional.
- Receive three continuing privacy education (CPE) credits for each year of service.
- Promote women in the privacy and data protection profession by ensuring the IAPP’s programs and content meet member and industry needs.
How to apply
The IAPP accepts applications for advisory board roles each fall through our Call for Volunteers. For more information, visit our Call for Volunteers FAQ, or contact email@example.com for details on additional volunteer opportunities.