Training Advisory Board Roles and Expectations
The IAPP Training Advisory Board helps guide the development and maintenance of IAPP privacy training programs ensuring our content is accurate, relevant and timely.
The board is led by IAPP Training Director Marla Berry, and meets once every three months via teleconference with in-person meetings whenever practical at IAPP events.
TRAINING ADVISORY BOARD EXPECTATIONS
All Training Advisory Board members are expected to:
- Play a role in informing strategy of IAPP training programs including identifying, contributing and/or validating content for both our instructor-led and online training programs designed to support our certification programs, and our e-learning courses designed for data handlers within an organization
- Review IAPP training materials including slide decks, participant guides, textbooks and knowledge checks
- Support the work of our Training Team by providing regular guidance, insight and feedback.
- Be advocates for the IAPP and promote its training programs through professional networks and social media accounts
All Training Advisory Board members are required to:
- Serve a two-year term (renewable)
- Attend and actively contribute to meetings, serve on committees as requested
The board is selected, to the extent possible, to create a working group balanced by: experience level, years in profession, industry sector, geographic location, IAPP certifications, and area of expertise.
Considerations for selection include:
- Current IAPP membership in good standing, maintained throughout term
- Professional experience and knowledge of privacy and data protection laws, regulations, policies and procedures
- Certification in one of IAPP’s certification programs is an advantage
- Past demonstrated commitment to and involvement with the IAPP
- Cannot be a member of the IAPP Certification Advisory Board or an Exam Development Board and cannot have served as a member of these boards for the past 2 years
- Promotion of the privacy profession by ensuring we are delivering highest quality training programs to meet member and industry needs
- Receive two continuing privacy education (CPE) credits per year of service
How to Apply
The Call for Volunteers opens every fall.