Publications Advisory Board
The Publications Advisory Board helps guide IAPP coverage of privacy and security issues by ensuring our content is useful and timely.
PUBLICATIONS ADVISORY BOARD EXPECTATIONS
- Serve a two-year term.
- Maintain an active IAPP membership.
- Attend and participate in scheduled meetings and complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Keep information shared among advisory board members confidential.
- Act with integrity and professionalism in advisory board duties.
- Advocate for the IAPP.
- Play an active role in planning and contributing content for IAPP publications and resources, including web conferences, member newsletter, the IAPP blog, The Privacy Advisor, Privacy Perspectives, Privacy Tracker, books and resource center.
- Support work of the Publications Team by providing regular guidance, insight and feedback.
Boards are selected with the goal of creating a balanced working group based on experience level, industry sector, geographic location and area of expertise. Considerations for selection include:
- Professional experience and knowledge of privacy and data protection laws, regulations, policies, procedures, best practices and theory.
- Length of membership plus commitment to and involvement with the IAPP.
- Required to hold CIPP, CIPM and/or CIPT credential in good standing (maintained throughout term).
- Please note:
- IAPP advisory board members are not agents or employees of the IAPP and cannot act on IAPP’s behalf or enter into any binding agreements.
- As an advisory board member, your decisions, actions and opinions speak about you as an IAPP volunteer, and not solely as a member or privacy professional.
- Receive three continuing privacy education (CPE) credits for each year of service.
- Enhance your profile and visibility while being seen as a leader in the privacy and data protection community.
- Make great connections with your fellow IAPP volunteers.
- Get special access to IAPP resources.
How to apply
The IAPP accepts applications for advisory board roles each fall through our Call for Volunteers. For more information, visit our Call for Volunteers FAQ, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details on additional volunteer opportunities.