The IAPP Privacy Innovation Awards
The 2021 Nomination Period is Now Closed.
The IAPP Privacy Innovation Awards highlight organizations that use privacy to differentiate themselves and build customer and citizen trust.
Each year, the IAPP selects two exceptional winners that have demonstrated outstanding ingenuity.
About the Awards
The IAPP Privacy Innovation Awards recognize unique plans, processes and services in global privacy and data protection in both private and public sectors. We seek distinguished organizations integrating privacy in ways that elevate its value as a competitive differentiator and centerpiece of customer and civic trust. Size does not matter — only innovation, creativity and results.
About the Nominations
Self-nominations are welcome. We also encourage submissions from media, privacy experts, technology enthusiasts and other thought leaders in privacy, security and data protection.
There is no fee to enter.
We are looking for privacy initiatives implemented to safeguard the privacy of consumer, citizen, supplier and/or employee data. It can cross divisions within a business unit, cost center, agency or department. It could be a public campaign or an internal operational plan, assessment, process, initiative or any combination of these.
The judging committee will be asked to rank each entry on a scale of 1–5 (1=weak, 5=strong) for a series of criteria, including, but not limited to:
- Depth of adoption.
- Thought, leadership and integration.
- Enhanced competitiveness.
- Proportion of customers impacted.
- Return on investment.
The awards are judged each year by a different panel of privacy experts representing a variety of industries, sectors, and geographies. The judges are IAPP members and serve on a volunteer basis at our invitation.
To ensure complete objectivity in the process, we do not allow judges to review or judge applications from their own organizations.
Innovation Award 2021 Judges
- Sameer Ahirrao, CEO, Ardent Privacy; Chair, Baltimore KnowledgeNet Chapter
- Brenda Corey, SVP Compliance & Regulatory, Sedgwick; Chair, Memphis KnowledgeNet Chapter
- Alice Oliva, Legal Tech Officer, Optimiti Network; Chair, Mexico City KnowledgeNet Chapter
- Carlos Eduardo Eliziario de Lima, Partner, Dannemann Siemsen Advogados; Chair, Sao Paulo KnowledgeNet Chapter
- Lisa Hartman, Privacy Counsel, Shopify; Chair, Ottawa KnowledgeNet Chapter.
- Beatriz Ruiz-Beato, NEC EMEA Data Protection Officer, NEC Europe Ltd.; Chair, Madrid KnowledgeNet Chapter
- Abhishek Tiwari, Manager, BDO Rise; Young Privacy Professional, Mumbai KnowledgeNet Chapter
- Kenta Murase, Manager, Asahi Group Holdings Ltd.; Chair, Tokyo KnowledgeNet Chapter
- Janina Rochon, Data Protection Officer/Scientific Employee, Federal Institute for Risk Assessment / European New School for Digital Studies; Chair, Berlin KnowledgeNet Chapter
- Rudolf Periny, CEO, Eyecoon; Chair, Austria KnowledgeNet Chapter
The 2021 nomination period is now closed. 2021 Innovation Award Winners will be announced this fall. Award presentations will take place in January in honor of Data Privacy Day through the IAPP KnowledgeNet Chapters.
Please email any questions to email@example.com.